Monday, January 02, 2006

soundbug


I think the sound bug is a great wee product although it doesn't look very nice. In a way it does the reverse of what we are doing with contact microphones. I'd be interested to see the contact point between the surface and the device looks like. If it is piezo electric maybe the technology could be transformed into a mic like the simple buzzers we had.

The device is attached to the wall using suction like the glass carrying device I bought. Because there is no substantial weight a gentle twist action creates the vacuum which is much more elegent than a big lever (see the soundbug quiktime clip in the bowling alley).

I want to get loads of these sound bugs (you can combine 2 to for stereo), splice them together and place them all over the interior surfaces to make my whole room into a large speaker :)

http://www.soundbug.biz/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home